Tuesday 31 May 2011

You gotta like a nice rear end

I came across this on ebay of all places. The real thing can be seen at Crick. 

It is a one-off 44ft sailaway shell by ABC boats and I expect it will be fitted out by the Nottingham Narrowboat Company if no-one buys it beforehand. If so, I believe Canal Boat magazine will do a feature on it. 

You can purchase it as is for GBP 28,500 (AU$43,670) ... and to fit-out to a good standard, you could add another GPB 25,000 (ish).

Unfortunately there is not enough information available as yet regards inclusions so far. I would expect 'sailaway' means powered and operational. Not sure if it's lined though.



I like the style of this boat. Being 44ft will require a nifty layout to make it comfy, though the portholes and hatches will easily light and air the interior whilst maintaining privacy.

And with the butty-style rudder, that's a pretty nice rear end too !

Heaps more pics here



No comments:

Post a Comment