Tuesday 17 May 2011

A Barn Owl Boat

I love Nb design. To say its a design challenge is an understatement.  

I have a half height wall in my house that has a 6'10" wide gap. I can't think how many times while taking the few steps to pass it, I have thought ... that's it ... thats the whole width of a narrowboat.



I am impressed at the ingenious ways some people utilise that remarkably restrictive space.

This blog was going to be about pull-out beds and multi-function layouts generally, but I gladly digress a little and will write about a boat from one of my favourite builders, Barn Owl Boats.

The boat is Octavia , which I discovered via Nb Caxton's blog, to be the "boat with the bed" pictured on the Barn Owl website (being a pull-out bed I intended writing about).


Anywayyyyyyy ...

Nb Octavia


Travelling bow to stern - entry to the salon is via 
curved stairs cleverly housing a double bed.



A very tasty galley leads onto a dinette.


A compact and comfortable bathroom followed by a fixed double in the 
stateroom complete the internal layout before exiting to the semi-trad stern.


Go here for a complete set of pics ... it's worth the trip.


Kudos to Octavia's owners and happy boating.


No comments:

Post a Comment