Thursday 23 June 2011

Broken Windows Pain

I have always found the performance and standard of the pre-installed Windows 7 and other softwares and utilities on my Compaq laptop to be annoying, ineffective and very buggy.

So much so, the laptop has never been enjoyable or fast to use. It seems it's primary function is maintenance and security updates. Anything I want to do is secondary and I must wait for my laptop to finish its business first.

And the constant flicker from the video driver has never seemed to be updated. Good thing I am not epileptic.

Well ... I solved all my laptop's woes in 30 minutes. What did i do ?

I installed UBUNTU

I repartitioned the whole drive for Linux ... did a standard install ... and ...

all of a sudden my laptop has become a dream to use ... everything works ... the flicker has gone ... nothing wants me to subscribe to anything or register anything.

It now feels like my computer and not something I borrowed from American corporations, primarily for marketing research and statistic accumulation.

I can't run Pokerstars in Ubuntu ... but a program in Ubuntu called WinE is a Windows Emulator, so I downloaded Pokerstars and ran it in WinE ... and it installed easily and runs great.

And what does Ubuntu with a full suite of applications cost ???

In the words of Wendy James ... I don't want your money honey, I want your lurrrrrv !



No comments:

Post a Comment