Saturday 6 October 2012

WARNING ! GRAPEFRUIT WILL KILL YOU ! ! !

First ... grapefruit will not kill you. Quite the inverse in fact.

I have another blog about food. And I think this recent entry to that blog is IMPORTANT and worth re-posting here.

Contact me (through either blog or at mhcook@gmail.com) if you wish to know more about how drug companies have NO INTEREST in curing you whatsoever.

OK ... enough ranting ... here is the entry which speaks for itself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't even consider I am 'dieting' because I am eating the foods I like in regular and large quantities.

And I am happy to do that day in and day out, every day of the year, without sufferance of any kind.

Initially, I kept my usual breakfast as is (because it was quite ok), to be refined at a later date.

Well ... as it happens ... breakfast evolved by itself.


Changes I made are :

1. Replaced white bread with wholemeal. This is an easy change and though the calories don't change much ... the quality of the food increases considerably. There is no cost difference.

2. Replaced the glass of fruit juice (at approx. 125 calories) with fresh pink grapefruit at 32 calories per half.

Note the sticker that denies me the one food that will cure my condition. Who benefits from that ?
The advantage of eating the pink grapefruit ... and the reason for the change ... is that eating pink grapefruit every day for 90 days is said to clear heart blockages, thus eliminating the need to take blood thinning medication, which after 12 years (4,380 days) of taking the maximum dose of Lipitor (not to mention Ramipril & Metoprolol as well), has done NOTHING to 'cure' the 5 blockages in my heart.

I will post another entry at a later date concerning my personal experience with how ineffective modern medical practice (and drugs) have been at ACTUALLY curing my health issues.


OK ... so that's the breakfast changes, reducing my daily brekky calorie intake from 444 calories to 390 calories.

And I'm still loving it and eating plenty and eating well.






No comments:

Post a Comment